Monday, July 2, 2007

Happy Canada Day!





Hi,

Yesterday was Canada day!
Of course, it was my first time so I was excited!

From morning, I went to downtown by bus and train with my friends.
I've never been to downtown so I was a littel nervous.
First, we went to the Legislature Building.
I've wanted to visit since I deciede to stay in Edmonton, so I was happy.
The building was so great and I was impressed with its scale.
After we looked around there, we took train again and got off at Churchhill.
I tried body paint for the first time! That was so fun!
We enjoyed walking around City Hall.
There were many people and many events.
We don't celebrate national holidays like Canada in Japan,
so it was very good experience for me.

In the evening, I went to Millwoods Park to see fireworks with my hostfamily.
I love to see fireworks even I'm in Japan, so I was excited!
The fireworks started around 22:30.
That was soooo beautiful and great!
There were also many people but it was fun to see fireworks with many people!

I could have fun and take many pictures so I was satisfied with my first Canada Day!

I do hope I can celebrate Canada Day again in the future.

Bye.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Mari!
This is ERI
My blog is almost done
Please visit!!
By the way, can I put your blog in my link???

MARI's NEWS in CANADA said...

*The responce from Mari*

Hi,
Thank you for your visiting my blog.
I also checked your blog.
Let's work hard at writing diaries in English!
Of course, you can add my blog in your link.
I will do the same thing.
Is it OK?

Thanks,
Mari

Anonymous said...

Of course OK
When you reply to my comment, please write in my blog!!