Sunday, September 16, 2007

Church, DVDs, and a nap!

Hi.

Today I went to the church with my host family.
As I wrote, I haven't been there for a long time so I felt kind of special.
Actually, today was a special day, exactly.
We didn't have any classes.
There were lots of people there.
I didn't get the meaning of this but my host family said 'it's special for us'.
The president of this church or someone like that (I guess) came from Uta to talk to people.
We listened some people's speech for 2 hours.
I finally didn't get the meaning, but I was glad to have such a special experience.

After that, I watched 2 DVDs which I borrowed from the public library.
One of that, 'Bridget Jones's Diary', was......bad, actually.
I knew it's known by people well and I thought it's a good movie.
But, in fact, people in this movie use bad words a lot...I'm sad.
Another DVD is named 'HIROSHIMA' and about the huge bomb in 1945.
Some scenes made me sad but I think it's important to know about it.

After I watched them, I had a nap.
I got tired from church.... because I kept sitting and listening to speeches for 2 hours.

Now, I'm going to watch a movie with my host family.
Sounds fun!

Have a good week*

No comments: