Thursday, July 19, 2007

Stollery Children's Hospital



Hi everyone!
I'm back!!
Do you remember me?hahaha

As you know, I went camping in Calgary from July 10th to 13th.
I had a wonderful time and took many pictures.
I will start to write about my YW camp soon.
After YW camp, my host family went to Vancouver so I stayed with my friend Megumi.
I enjoyed staying with her and relaxed at her house.
We joined Street Performance Festivals as volunteers.
I also took pictures so I will show you soon.
I have summer school so I'm still busy.
I'm so sorry I can't write in detail.


Today I will write about my visit to Stollery Children's Hospital.
In the morning we learned about the hospital.
The hospital was established by donation from Mr. and Mrs. Stollery.
It has enough facilities for children with illness or handicap and their family.
We visited them to show how to make origami crafts and sing some Japanese songs.
It was the most emotional moment when a boy with many medical machines talked to me and tried hard to make origami crafts.
All kids and their parents were very friendly and positi
I was glad because they enjoyed our singing and making origami crafts.
I thought I definitely have something to do for them.
I hope they recover soon and we can meet again.


Today I did presentation about my visit to the hospital.
It reminded me many things like the emotional moment,
so I cried over doing my presentation.
I was surpriesed about my tears...



Anyways, I spent precious time at the Stollery Children's Hospital.
I won't forget time I spent with kids and their bright smile.
That was very wonderful experience for me.


See you tomorrow.

No comments: